Now you and maybe your partner have decided to get pregnant, but one thing is to make the decision of what is now the next step on the road to becoming a family? When, how and what to do to make it most likely to get pregnant? You can find answers to everything on this page.
How to get pregnant?
First let’s take the very low practicality around getting pregnant. This is because you can not just get pregnant every day 7 days a week 365 days a year. The window for getting pregnant is not very large, and there are only approx. once a month, ie 12 times a year.
To get pregnant, one has to wait for ovulation to take place. It does this in the middle of 2 menstrual periods (if you have regular ones) and during the time ovulation takes place, which is approx. 24 hours, the egg must be fertilized by a sperm cell and if this does not succeed, you must try again at the next ovulation.
24 hours does not sound like much and it takes a lot of timing if you are to plan to have sex during the 24 hours. Fortunately, sperm can survive in the woman’s body for up to 5 days and this means that you can easily have sex in the days before ovulation, also with the possibility of becoming pregnant.
How long does it take to get pregnant?
Typically, if you are young and healthy, in the vast majority of cases you will succeed in getting pregnant within 3 months, this is the case in 60% of cases. 80-85% succeeded in getting pregnant within 1 year and 90-95% succeeded in doing so within 2 years. If you have not succeeded in becoming pregnant within 1 year, you can consider contacting your own doctor, if you have followed the advice available when trying to conceive.
There is a strong correlation between age and fertility. The younger you are, the easier it is to get pregnant. In fact, according to Sundhed.dk, the optimal age is around 20 years. Here, it will succeed 1 out of 3 times in trying, as a 25-year-old 1 out of 4 times, and as a 30-year-old 1 out of 6 times.
the probability of becoming pregnant
See how big the chance of getting pregnant is in this graph.
When do you get pregnant?
I have briefly touched on that. Pregnancy occurs when an egg has been fertilized, as it can become by a sperm cell for 24 hours from the start of ovulation. You are pregnant when a sperm cell manages to penetrate the membrane around the egg and the egg completes the journey down to the uterine cavity where it gets stuck. At that moment you are pregnant.
However, it is not from the moment that you know or can find out that you are pregnant. There is still a likelihood that the pregnancy can go away on its own – at this stage it may well happen. You can take a pregnancy test approx. 2 weeks after ovulation or after menstruation is absent. If the test is positive, then you are pregnant and 4 weeks old.
Help get pregnant fast
Now we have got the above ordered and most frequent questions out of the way when one has decided to get pregnant. Now it’s just a matter of getting pregnant and preferably as soon as possible. Even if you want to be it fast, it affects your success negatively if you start stressing about it. This and a number of other things you need to know and live by in order to get pregnant quickly:
- Avoid a stressful everyday life, go down a gear in relation to what they are used to. It is much easier to get pregnant when the body does not feel stressed. Most of us will succeed in making everyday life calmer, even if you do not think you are living a stressful life.
- Tell as few as possible (preferably none) that you are trying to conceive. It can put extra pressure on you every time it does not succeed, if you tell many people about it and thus become an unnecessary stress factor.
- Avoid all smoking, alcohol and drugs. POINTS! It not only reduces the likelihood of getting pregnant, but also increases the likelihood of harming the baby.
- Live a varied diet. There may be room for sweets and fast food, but no more than what is good.
- If you are taking medication, talk to your doctor about the medication and the pregnancy in interaction. Is it possible or should another solution be found.
- Drink a maximum of 3 cups of coffee a day.
- You should take these reservations from the day you decide that you want to be pregnant and your partner must do the same if it is he who is to deliver the semen. Already here you will have significantly increased the probability. Of course, this is not the only thing you can do, so read on below.
Get pregnant after birth control pills
How often do you have to have intercourse to get pregnant?
Vitamins that increase the chance of pregnancy
Vitamins for men
Take home tests
Ovulation and sperm quality